domenica 31 dicembre 2017
Vite quasi parallele. Capitolo 96. La disastrosa prova scritta di latino ossia come sbocciò l'amore tra Ilaria e Riccardo
Tutti sanno che l'esame più temuto dalle matricole di Lettere a Bologna è la famigerata prova scritta di latino, di cui si narra che mai nella storia fu superata al primo tentativo.
La data era prevista per la seconda settimana di gennaio del 2006.
Riccardo, scioccamente illuso delle proprie capacità di traduttore, non avendo mai preso meno di otto nelle versioni del Liceo, affrontò la prova con irresponsabile leggerezza.
Ma anche i più preparati e i più responsabili si trovarono in difficoltà.
Venne fuori un brano di Cesare particolarmente ostico, contorto ed ellittico, pieno di ablativi assoluti appesi nel vuoto e avulsi dal contesto, di frasi oscure con soggetto implicito e di espressioni a tal punto sintetiche e ruvide da risultare quasi inesprimibili in italiano.
Panico e disperazione regnarono sovrani nelle quattro ore d'esame, che si rivelarono comunque insufficienti per riuscire a venire a capo di quel rebus assurdo.
Alla fine della prova, tutti avevano un aspetto da zombie e a malapena si reggevano in piedi.
Riccardo era nel pallone più totale, per usare un'espressione fantozziana, ma anche la precisa e infallibile Ilaria sembrava insolitamente scossa.
Tutti confrontavano le loro traduzioni e scoprivano di aver preso cantonate pazzesche.
Tenete conto che il 2006 fu l'ultimo anno dell'Era Ante I-Phone, per cui non ci si poteva connettere ad internet dal cellulare, e dunque nessuno aveva immediato accesso alla versione corretta.
Fu così che tutti tornarono a casa, sia per controllare la vera traduzione, sia per riprendersi dallo sfinimento e mettersi a letto, dopo aver staccato il telefono e spento il cellulare.
I risultati uscirono due settimane dopo e mai Riccardo avrebbe potuto immaginare che quell'infausto giorno sarebbe coinciso con il suo primo, magico e persino romantico colloquio con l'irraggiungibile Ilaria Mantovani.
Vale dunque la pena raccontare nel dettaglio e con la massima accuratezza tutto ciò che avvenne quella memorabile mattina.
Riccardo era uscito da Mascarel Palace di buon'ora, con stoica determinazione a non lasciarsi abbattere da quella che si profilava come la sua prima vera bocciatura in una prova scritta.
Quando arrivò al Dipartimento di Filologia Classica ancora non sapeva che quella sarebbe stata la location principale della storia d'amore più importante della sua vita.
I cartelloni con l'esito dell'esame erano già stati appesi alla bacheca e la folla di matricole si accalcava nell'assurda speranza di trovare, a fianco del proprio nome, almeno un miracoloso 18.
Forse i lettori non ci crederanno, ma non vi fu neanche una sufficienza.
Compresi naturalmente Riccardo e Ilaria.
Lui ormai se n'era fatta una ragione da un pezzo e probabilmente il suo voto reale, in trentesimi, sarebbe stato meno di zero.
Ma per Ilaria dovette essere un vero shock, perché quando riemerse dalla calca, si andò a stendere su una panca di legno lungo il corridoio.
Fortuna volle che Riccardo si trovasse già seduto proprio in quella fatidica panca.
Esistono momenti, nella vita, e circostanze particolari e speciali che annullano le normali barriere comunicative tra le persone: succede nei momenti di emergenza, nelle camere di ospedale, nelle sale d'attesa degli ambulatori o nelle sedi di un concorso pubblico, specie quando si è accomunati ad una sorte simile.
Successe così anche a Ilaria e Riccardo.
Lui era a tal punto concentrato nel pianificare le strategie per riprendersi da quella disfatta che non si accorse nemmeno del fatto che la ragazza per la quale provava tanto interesse si fosse letteralmente distesa nella stessa panca di legno scuro e antico dove lui era seduto.
Per un tempo non quantificabile rimasero così, inconsapevoli e indifferenti l'uno dell'altra, lei con gli occhi rivolti al soffitto, lui con la faccia più ebete del solito e lo sguardo perso nel vuoto.
Poi, improvvisamente, ecco il Miracolo.
Nello stesso istante, i loro sguardi, alla fine si incontrarono.
Lei era bellissima anche così, nel momento della sconfitta e del dubbio.
Lui per poco non fu colto da un infarto e la sua espressione dovette sembrare così comica agli occhi di Ilaria che lei si mise a ridere.
In quel momento a Riccardo sembro di essere come Roger Rabbit, la cui meravigliosa moglie Jessica diceva: "Lo amo perché mi fa ridere" e "Non sono cattiva, è solo che mi disegnano così".
A tanti anni di distanza, per lui rimaneva un dolce ricordo pensare che un amore così grande fosse nato con un momento di ilarità capace di scacciare la tristezza per una sconfitta.
Dopo alcuni secondi di estasi, Riccardo recuperò le proprie facoltà mentali e verbali:
<<Anche tu sei reduce dall'esito della prova di latino?>>
Lei, ricomponendosi, annuì:
<<Ha fatto crollare tutte le mie certezze>>
Riccardo annuì a sua volta:
<<Diciamo che anch'io ho avuto momenti migliori>>
Disse esattamente così, ma non era vero: quello era in assoluto il momento migliore che gli fosse mai capitato di vivere.
Il ghiaccio tra lui e Ilaria si era rotto da sé, spontaneamente, senza bisogno di goffi tentativi di approccio.
<<Hai fatto il classico?>> chiese lei.
Lui scosse il capo, mortificato:
<<Ahimè no, io sono un "barbaro" dello scientifico e non so una parola di greco>>
E lei si mise a ridere di nuovo:
<<Ah, ah, ma anch'io una "barbara" dello scientifico! E' solo che non avevo mai preso meno di otto in latino>>
Riccardo si illuminò come se avesse visto apparire la Vergine Maria in persona:
<<Pure io! Se c'era una materia dove mi sentivo sicuro era questa. Adesso non sono più sicuro nemmeno della mia esistenza>>
Ogni tristezza e delusione sparirono dal bel volto di Ilaria e i suoi meravigliosi occhi tornarono a splendere:
<<Allora siamo in due. Solo che per me è una batosta più dura, perché io sono iscritta al corso di Lettere Classiche>>
Riccardo era stupefatto:
<<Quindi dovrai imparare il greco ex novo? Ehm, perdonami il latinismo!>>
Lei ormai rideva per ogni scemenza di lui:
<<Il greco me lo sono studiato quest'estate. Immagino che avrai notato che non ero molto abbronzata>>
Questa risposta aveva due implicazioni:
1) Ilaria, oltre che essere bellissima, era una vera secchiona, il che la rendeva, agli occhi di Riccardo, assolutamente irresistibile, come certe segretarie con gli occhiali.
2) Lei si era accorta che lui l'aveva osservata per tutto il primo trimestre e voleva farglielo capire.
Lui colse la palla al balzo:
<<Sì, l'avevo notato. Ma stai benissimo così: hai una pelle così fresca, così vellutata, se posso permettermi...>>
Lei ormai rideva a crepapelle:
<<Ah ah, ma come parli? Sei uscito fuori da un romanzo di Jane Austen? Ti hanno ibernato durante l'Ottocento?>>
Lui stette al gioco:
<<In verità sono un Vampiro, guarda che canini appuntiti!>>
A quel punto ogni barriera era infranta.Lei aveva un'espressione allegra mai mostrata prima, durante le lezioni:
<<Piacere, io mi chiamo Ilaria, spero che tu non ti chiami Vlad Dracula o Edward Cullen!>>
Lui era in Paradiso:
<<Molto piacere, io mi chiamo Riccardo, ma sono molto più bello di Robert Pattinson>>
Potrà sembrarvi incredibile, ma i grandi amori possono incominciare anche così.
sabato 30 dicembre 2017
Rachel Meghan Markle (born August 4, 1981) is an American actress and humanitarian who is set to become a member of the British royal family upon marriage to Prince Harry.
Markle was born and raised in Los Angeles County, California. She graduated from Northwestern University with a degree in theatre and international studies in 2003, followed by small roles in several United States television series. From 2011 to 2017, she portrayed Rachel Zane on the legal drama series Suits for seven seasons. Markle's film credits include Remember Me and Horrible Bosses. In 2017, she became engaged to Prince Harry, the fifth in line of succession to the British throne, and announced that she would retire from acting to pursue humanitarian work given her high profile as a future royal.
Early life and education
Rachel Meghan Markle was born on August 4, 1981, in Los Angeles County, California. Her mother, Doria Loyce Ragland, a social worker and yoga instructor, lives in View Park–Windsor Hills, California. Her father, Thomas Markle Sr., who lives in Mexico, is an Emmy Award-winning  lighting director whose profession resulted in his young daughter often visiting the set of Married... with Children. Although Markle had attended a Catholic high school, she identifies as Protestant. Her parents divorced in 1987 or 1988 when Markle was six years old. She has two older paternal half-siblings, Thomas Markle Jr. and Samantha Grant.
Describing her heritage, Markle said: "My dad is Caucasian and my mom is African American. I'm half black and half white. ... I have come to embrace [this and] say who I am, to share where I'm from, to voice my pride in being a strong, confident, mixed-race woman." Her mother is descended from Africans enslaved in Georgia, and her father from Dutch, English, and Irish settlers. Among her father's ancestors are Sir Philip Wentworth and Mary Clifford, a descendant of King Edward III of England. Other ancestors include Captain Christopher Hussey of Hampton, New Hampshire.
Markle grew up in Hollywood. From age five, she was educated at private schools, beginning at Hollywood Little Red Schoolhouse. Markle later attended Immaculate Heart High School, an all-girl, private Catholic schoolin Los Angeles. At age 11, her successful campaign to get a company to change a national television commercial she viewed as sexist was profiled by Linda Ellerbee on Nick News. Markle graduated in 2003 from Northwestern University, near Chicago, where she earned a bachelor's degree with a double major in theater and international studies. Speaking to Vogue in 2013, Markle told the magazine how at the age of 20, and reportedly short of credits to complete her junior year, she successfully applied for an internship at the US embassy in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Markle worked as a freelance calligrapher to support herself between early acting jobs. Her first appearance on screen was in the background of an episode of the daytime soap opera General Hospital. Early in her career, Markle had small guest roles on the television shows Century City (2004), The War at Home (2006), and CSI: NY (2006). She also took on several contract acting and modeling jobs that included a stint as a "briefcase girl" on the US game show Deal or No Deal. She appeared in Fox's series Fringe as Junior Agent Amy Jessup in the first two episodes of its second season. Markle had some difficulty getting roles early in her career. In 2015, she wrote: "I wasn't black enough for the black roles and I wasn't white enough for the white ones, leaving me somewhere in the middle as the ethnic chameleon who couldn't book a job."
Since July 2011, Markle has played Rachel Zane on the USA Network show Suits, which is filmed in Toronto, Ontario. The character began as a paralegal and eventually became an attorney. She completed work on that series' seventh season in late 2017. Markle has appeared in two 2010 films, Get Him to the Greek and Remember Me, and one 2011 film, Horrible Bosses. She has also appeared in episodes of Cuts, Love, Inc., 90210, Knight Rider, Without a Trace, The League, and Castle.
From 2014 to 2017, Markle was founder and editor-in-chief of lifestyle website The Tig. In November 2016, Markle and Canadian clothing company Reitmans released a line of women's fashion workwear.
During a BBC interview, Markle said that she would not return to Suits and that after she marries, she would transition out of her work as an actor.
Markle began a relationship with actor and producer Trevor Engelson in 2004. They married in Ocho Rios, Jamaica, on September 10, 2011, and divorced in August 2013.
Since June 2016, she has been in a relationship with Prince Harry, who is fifth in line to the British throne. Prince Harry and Markle met on a blind date that a mutual friend set up. The press began to report the relationship in October 2016. On November 8, 2016, the British royal family's communications secretary released an official statement that addressed the "wave of abuse and harassment" directed toward Markle.The statement spoke to the sexism, racism and defamatory stories directed at Markle, including an unspecified "smear on the front page of a national newspaper". It urged the press to "pause and reflect" before driving these storylines.
During a September 2017 interview with Vanity Fair, Markle spoke in public for the first time about her love for Prince Harry, saying: "We're two people who are really happy and in love. We were very quietly dating for about six months before it became news, and I was working during that whole time, and the only thing that changed was people's perception." Later that month, they made their first public appearances together at an official royal engagement at the Invictus Games in Toronto.
Markle lived in a rented house at 10 Yarmouth Road  in the Seaton Village neighbourhood of Toronto during her time working on Suits, which filmed in that city. She moved out in late November 2017 after work on the seventh season had been completed.
Engagement to Prince Harry
- Further information: Wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
On November 27, 2017, her engagement to Prince Harry, fifth in line succession to the British throne, was announced. By then, she had met Queen Elizabeth II, Harry's paternal grandmother, several times. The engagement announcement prompted much comment about the possible social significance (or insignificance) of Markle becoming a proudly mixed-race royal.
The bespoke engagement ring given by Harry to Markle consists of a large central diamond from Botswana, with two smaller diamonds from the jewellery collection of his mother, Diana, Princess of Wales. The publicity photos accompanying the announcement showed Markle wearing a coat designed by Line the Label, which proved so popular that excessive online orders for the jacket caused the company's server to crash.
Markle's first official public appearance with Prince Harry following their engagement was a walkabout in Nottingham on December 1, 2017.
Markle will be baptised and confirmed into the Church of England before the wedding on May 19, 2018, at St. George's Chapel, Windsor Castle. After the engagement, Markle began the years-long process of becoming a British citizen. According to some sources, she will also retain her US citizenship but Kensington Palace indicated in late November 2017 that the decision had not yet been made. The couple was invited to celebrate Christmas 2017 with the royal family at the Queen's Sandringham estate. After the wedding, they will live at Nottingham Cottage in London, on the grounds of Kensington Palace.
Markle was a counsellor for international charity One Young World, speaking at the 2014 annual summit in Dublin on the topics of gender equality and modern day slavery. Also in 2014, she traveled to Afghanistan and Spain as part of the USO Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Holiday Tour. In 2016, Markle became a global ambassador for World Vision Canada, traveling to Rwanda for the Clean Water Campaign, the agency's campaign to provide safe, clean drinking water, and she traveled to India to raise awareness of issues concerning women. She has also worked with the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women as an Advocate. Markle again attended the One Young World summit in 2016.
|2002||General Hospital||Jill||1 episode (aired 14 November 2002)|
|2004||Century City||Natasha||"A Mind is a Terrible Thing to Lose" (season 1: episode 4)|
|2005||Cuts||Cori||"My Boyfriend's Back" (season 1: episode 5)|
|2005||Love, Inc.||Teresa Santos||"One on One" (season 1: episode 9)|
|2006||1 vs. 100||Herself||Mob member number 7|
|2006||The War at Home||Susan||"The Seventeen-Year Itch" (season 1: episode 17)|
|2006||CSI: NY||Veronica Perez||"Murder Sings the Blues" (season 3: episode 7)|
|2007||Deal or No Deal||Herself||Holder of Case #24; 4 episodes|
|2008||Good Behaviour||Sadie Valencia||TV film|
|2008||90210||Wendy||"We're Not in Kansas Anymore" (season 1: episode 1)|
"The Jet Set" (season 1: episode 2)
|2008||'Til Death||Tara||"Joy Ride" (season 3: episode 2)|
|2008||The Apostles||Kelly Calhoun||TV film|
|2009||Knight Rider||Annie Ortiz||"Fight Knight" (season 1: episode 14)|
|2009||Without a Trace||Holly Shepard||"Chameleon" (season 7: episode 15)|
|2009||Fringe||Junior FBI Agent Amy Jessup||"A New Day in the Old Town" (season 2: episode 1)|
"Night of Desirable Objects" (season 2: episode 2)
|2009||The League||Random Girl||"The Bounce Test" (season 1: episode 2)|
|2010||CSI: Miami||Officer Leah Montoya||"Backfire" (season 8: episode 20)|
|2010||The Boys and Girls Guide to Getting Down||Dana||TV film|
|2012||Castle||Charlotte Boyd/Sleeping Beauty||"Once Upon a Crime" (season 4: episode 17)|
|2014||When Sparks Fly||Amy Peterson||Hallmark Channel TV film|
|2016||Dater's Handbook||Cassandra Brand||Hallmark Channel TV film|
|2011–2018||Suits||Rachel Zane||Series regular|
|2005||A Lot like Love||Passenger on plane|
|2010||Get Him to the Greek||Tatiana||Uncredited|
|2010||The Candidate||Kat||Short film|
- Meghan Markle Rapid Fire Questions | Suits Season 5 | Dave. UKTV. February 21, 2016. Event occurs at 00:12. Archived from the original on June 7, 2017. Retrieved September 15, 2017 – via YouTube.
[My middle name is] Meghan. My first name is actually Rachel.
- "The Birth of Rachel Markle". CaliforniaBirthIndex.org. Retrieved December 28, 2017.
- Boyle, Danny (November 8, 2016). "Who is Meghan Markle? Everything we know about Prince Harry's girlfriend". The Daily Telegraph. London. Archived from the original on November 12, 2016. Retrieved November 12, 2016. (subscription required)
- Morris, Regan (September 27, 2017). "'Meghan who?' LA shrugs over Harry's hometown girlfriend". BBC News. Archived from the original on 30 September 2017. Retrieved 28 November 2017.
But Markle's mother lives in the View Park-Windsor Hills neighbourhood, which is one of the wealthiest, primarily African American areas in the US.
- Humphries, Will (November 27, 2017). "Meghan Markle's family tree". The Times. Retrieved November 28, 2017.(subscription required)
- Kaplan, Mike. "Variety international showbusiness reference". Garland Pub., 1982. p. 216. Retrieved 29 December 2017.
1982 OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN DESIGN EXCELLENCE FOR A DAYTIME DRAMA SERIES: Emmys to individuals: WILLIAM MICKLEY, Scenic Designer; ... Make-up Designer; Another World (NBC) JIM ELLINGWOOD, MERCER BARROWS, Art Directors; GRANT VELIE, JOHN ZAK, TOM MARKLE, Lighting Directors....
- Goulet, Matt (July 13, 2013). "Q&A:The Beautiful Meghan Markle on Suits, Canada Day, and Handwriting". Esquire. Archived from the original on November 5, 2013. Retrieved January 14, 2014.
- Hicks, Tony (November 1, 2016). "Prince Harry ready to meet Meghan Markle's father". Mercury News. Archived from the original on November 12, 2016. Retrieved November 12, 2016.
Her father, Thomas W. Markle, is an Emmy Award-winning cinematographer.
- Goulet, Matt (July 13, 2013). "Q&A: The Beautiful Meghan Markle on Suits, Canada Day, and Handwriting". Esquire. Hearst Communications, Inc. Archived from the original on November 14, 2016. Retrieved November 12, 2016.
She (Markle) spent time growing up on the set of Married... with Children
- Waldie, Paul (November 28, 2017). "Prince Harry, Meghan Markle's wedding not expected to bring economic boost for U.K". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved December 21, 2017.
- Kingsley, Patrick (November 28, 2017). "Royal Engagement Seen as Symbol of Change, With Asterisks". The New York Times. Retrieved December 21, 2017.
- John, Tara (November 27, 2017). "Meet Meghan Markle, Prince Harry's Fiancee And Britain's Newest Royal-To-Be". Time. Archived from the original on November 28, 2017. Retrieved November 30, 2017.
- "Meghan Markle's half-sister to write a tell-all book about her 'pushy' sibling". The Daily Telegraph. April 3, 2017. Archivedfrom the original on June 11, 2017. Retrieved November 30, 2017.
- Markle, Meghan (August 17, 2015). "I'm More Than An 'Other'". Elle UK. Archived from the original on November 4, 2016. Retrieved November 4, 2016.
- "Meghan Markle's Jonesboro roots". The Times. Retrieved December 6, 2017.
- "Meghan Markle: Six things you didn't know about Prince Harry's girlfriend". The Week. November 8, 2016. Archivedfrom the original on November 10, 2016.
- Dewan, Angela; Isaac, Lindsay (November 8, 2016). "Meghan Markle: Prince Harry warns press about harassing girlfriend". CNN. Archived from the original on November 8, 2016.
- Roberts, Gary Boyd. "The Royal Ancestry of Meghan Markle". New England Historic Genealogical Society. Retrieved December 16, 2017.
The Rev. William Skipper's ancestors Sir Philip Wentworth (died 1464) and Mary Clifford are ancestors also, in various lines, of both H.M. the late Queen Mother (and thus H.M. the Queen, the Prince of Wales, and Prince Harry) and of the late Diana, Princess of Wales.
- Roberts, Gary Boyd (November 30, 2017). "The Shared Ancestry of (Rachel) Meghan Markle and Prince Harry" (PDF). American Ancestors. Retrieved December 7, 2017.
- Child, Christopher (December 15, 2017). "The Hastings Connection". New England Historic Genealogical Society. Retrieved December 16, 2017.
As Gary Boyd Roberts indicated in his press release, “Meghan Markle is related to Prince Harry...
- Morris, Regan (September 26, 2017). "'Meghan who?' LA shrugs over Harry's hometown girlfriend". BBC. Archivedfrom the original on October 26, 2017. Retrieved October 26,2017.
Her childhood in Los Angeles was more centred in Hollywood, where she attended a private primary school known for having a fabulous swimming pool as well as a playground ... Markle attended a private, all-girls Catholic high school on a beautiful campus in the Hollywood Hills. The school requires public service to graduate and the actress credits her parents and the school with starting her commitment to humanitarian work.
- Woustra, Kristy. "Who Is Meghan Markle: The Actress Was Changing The World At Age 11". HuffPost. Canada. Archivedfrom the original on November 12, 2016. Retrieved November 8,2016.
I was just 11 years old when I was in my classroom at Hollywood Little Red Schoolhouse ...
- Hodgkin, Emily (September 23, 2017). "Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton's path to royalty REVEALED – from Hollywood to Kensington". Daily Express. UK. Retrieved September 26,2017.
Both girls (i.e., Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle) were educated at private schools. Meghan attended Hollywood Little Red Schoolhouse and then later Immaculate Heart High School, an all-girls, independent Roman Catholic high school in LA. Alumni includes super model Tyra Banks and actress Mary Tyler Moore.
- Boedeker, Hal (November 30, 2017). "Meghan Markle at 11: Fighting sexism on TV". Orlando Sentinel. Archived from the original on December 1, 2017. Retrieved 2017-12-01.
- "Dialogue – 2013" (PDF). School of Communication at Northwestern. p. 24. Archived (PDF) from the original on November 27, 2017. Retrieved April 19, 2017.
spring 2013 ... Meghan Markle (C 2003) is a cast member of the USA show Suits ...
- Willgress, Lydia; Boyle, Danny (September 21, 2017). "Who is Meghan Markle? Everything we know about Prince Harry's girlfriend". The Daily Telegraph. Archived from the original on January 7, 2017. Retrieved April 22, 2017.
She studied at a girls' Roman Catholic college before graduating from Northwestern University School of Communication in 2003 – where she double-majored in theatre and international relations – just as her acting career was beginning
- Goulet, Matt (July 13, 2013). "Q&A: The Beautiful Meghan Markle on Suits, Canada Day, and Handwriting". Esquire. Hearst Communications, Inc. Archived from the original on November 14, 2016. Retrieved November 12, 2016.
What's funny is I (Markle) probably still have some calligraphy business cards floating out in the world....
- Ivie, Devon (November 28, 2017). "Beyond Suits: Your Guide to Meghan Markle's TV Work". Vulture. Archived from the original on 2017-11-29. Retrieved November 28, 2017.
- Andreeva, Nellie (June 23, 2009). "Meghan Markle joins 'Fringe'". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on June 29, 2011. Retrieved June 24, 2009.
- Judith Vonberg. "Meghan Markle: Who is Prince Harry's bride-to-be?". CNN. Archived from the original on November 27, 2017.
- "Meghan Markle to quit Suits after engagement to Prince Harry". November 27, 2017. Archived from the original on November 27, 2017.
- Hibberd, James (August 24, 2010). "Meghan Markle books lead role on 'Legal Mind'". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on January 23, 2017. Retrieved November 16, 2016.
- "Meghan Markle". TV Guide. Archived from the original on 2017-12-01. Retrieved November 28, 2017.
- "Experience the World of Suits Star Meghan Markle's New Lifestyle Site, The Tig". InStyle. Archived from the original on December 20, 2016.
- "As Meghan Markle Shuts Down Her Lifestyle Site, Source Says Speculation It's Related to Prince Harry Is 'False'". People. April 7, 2017. Archived from the original on April 19, 2017. Retrieved April 20, 2017.
- Delap, Leanne (November 5, 2016). "Suits star Meghan Markle launches 'accessible' clothing line at Reitmans". Toronto Star. Archived from the original on November 9, 2016. In April 2017, she closed The Tig and quit Reitmans.
- Falzone, Diana. "Meghan Markle will quit acting following engagement to Prince Harry". Fox News Channel. Archivedfrom the original on November 27, 2017. Retrieved November 27,2017.
- Porter, Tom (November 27, 2017). "Who Is Meghan Markle's Ex-Husband, Trevor Engelson?". Newsweek. Retrieved December 21, 2017.
- "Hitched, Hatched, Hired". The Hollywood Reporter. September 27, 2011. Archived from the original on October 24, 2012. Retrieved February 2, 2013.
- "36 things we've learnt about Meghan Markle in the past year". The Telegraph. September 5, 2017. Archived from the original on August 18, 2017.
- "The Duke of Cambridge approved Prince Harry's plea to trolls to leave Meghan Markle alone". The Telegraph. Archived from the original on September 12, 2017. Retrieved September 5, 2017.
- "Prince Harry to marry Meghan Markle". The Guardian. November 27, 2017. Archived from the original on November 27, 2017. Retrieved November 27, 2017.
- "Prince Harry, Meghan Markle to finally tie the knot". Archived from the original on November 27, 2017.
- Furness, Hannah (November 27, 2017). "Prince Harry and Meghan Markle engaged: 'She didn't even let me finish!' Couple describe 'sweet, natural and very romantic' proposal". The Telegraph. ISSN 0307-1235. Archived from the original on 2017-11-27. Retrieved November 28, 2017.
- Samuelson, Kate (November 27, 2017). "A Detailed History of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Relationship". Time. Archived from the original on 2017-11-27. Retrieved November 28, 2017.
- Vallance, Adam (November 8, 2016). "A Statement by the Communications Secretary to Prince Harry". The Royal Family. Archived from the original on September 27, 2017. Retrieved September 26, 2017.
- Robert Booth and Lisa O'Carroll (November 8, 2016). "Prince Harry attacks press over 'wave of abuse' of girlfriend Meghan Markle". The Guardian. Archived from the original on September 7, 2017.
- Maria Puente (November 8, 2016). "Who would want to 'smear' Prince Harry's new girlfriend Meghan Markle?". USA Today. Archived from the original on November 15, 2017.
- "WTF? British Website Calls Prince Harry's Black Girlfriend 'Straight Outta Compton'". Black Entertainment Television. November 2, 2016. Archived from the original on October 30, 2017.
- "Meghan Markle, Wild About Harry!". Vanity Fair. Archivedfrom the original on September 5, 2017. Retrieved September 5,2017.
- "Meghan Markle attends Invictus Games". BBC News. September 24, 2017. Archived from the original on September 27, 2017. Retrieved September 26, 2017.
- "Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make first official public appearance". ABC News. September 26, 2017. Archivedfrom the original on September 25, 2017. Retrieved September 26, 2017.
- Arnone, Annie (December 8, 2017). "Gone, but not forgotten? Meghan Markle's Toronto house is on the market". Toronto Star. Retrieved December 10, 2017.
- Hensley, Laura (November 4, 2016). "Prince Harry and girlfriend give reporters the slip as royal watchers descend on Toronto neighbourhood". National Post. Retrieved December 5, 2017.
- Griffiths, Emmy (November 22, 2017). "Meghan Markle moves out of apartment in Toronto". Hello! Canada. Archived from the original on December 1, 2017. Retrieved December 5, 2017.
- Bourke, Latika (November 27, 2017). "Royal wedding: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announce engagement". The Age. Archived from the original on November 27, 2017. Retrieved November 27, 2017.
- Kim, Eun Kyung. "Prince Harry proposed to Meghan Markle during 'cozy' night while roasting chicken". Archived from the original on 2017-12-01.
- DeNeen L. Brown (November 27, 2017). "Britain's black queen: Will Meghan Markle really be the first mixed-race royal?". The Washington Post. Archived from the original on December 1, 2017. Retrieved November 28, 2017.
- Gregory Katz, Associated Press (November 27, 2017). "Britain not fazed by mixed-race fiancee for Prince Harry". ABC News. Archived from the original on November 27, 2017. Retrieved November 28, 2017.
- James Rodger (November 27, 2017). "Mixed-race Meghan Markle tells of family encounters with racism". Birmingham Mail. Archived from the original on December 1, 2017. Retrieved November 28, 2017.
- Elaine Musiwa (November 28, 2017). "The Problem With Calling Meghan Markle the 'First Black Princess'". Vogue. Archivedfrom the original on November 28, 2017. Retrieved November 28,2017.
- Chokshi, Niraj (November 27, 2017). "Prince Harry Used Princess Diana's Diamonds in Engagement Ring". The New York Times. Archived from the original on November 27, 2017. Retrieved November 28, 2017.
- "Designer's Website Crashes Thanks To Meghan Markle's Engagement Photos". CBS News. November 27, 2017. Archived from the original on December 2, 2017. Retrieved December 2, 2017.
- Davies, Caroline (December 1, 2017). "Meghan Markle begins royal induction with Nottingham walkabout". The Guardian. Retrieved December 4, 2017.
- "Prince Harry and Meghan Markle wow Nottingham crowds on first joint visit". BBC. December 1, 2017.
- Vultaggio, Maria (November 28, 2017). "Why is Meghan Markle Getting Baptized? American Actress to Become British Citizen after Prince Harry Marriage". Newsweek. Retrieved December 21, 2017.
- "Prince Harry, Meghan Markle wedding date set for May 19". CBC News. December 15, 2017. Retrieved December 21, 2017.
- Faulconbridge, Guy; Holden, Michael (December 15, 2017). "Britain's Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to marry on May 19". Reuters. Retrieved December 21, 2017.
- Ziv, Stav (December 15, 2017). "Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Want a Religious Wedding, Archbishop of Canterbury Says". Newsweek. Retrieved December 21, 2017.
- "Meghan Markle: I had to refuse being filmed in just a towel every day". The Irish Independent.
- "The Year in USO Entertainment". United Service Organizations. Archived from the original on 2017-02-01. Retrieved 2017-12-03.
- "A Look Back at Meghan Markle's Pre-Royal Life". E!. Archived from the original on 2017-12-02. Retrieved 2017-12-03.
- "Meet Meghan Markle: Prince Harry's Feminist, Philanthropist, Actress Girlfriend". Vogue. Archived from the original on 2017-09-15. Retrieved 2017-12-03.
- Blair, Olivia (October 31, 2016). "Who is Meghan Markle: The 'Suits' actress, humanitarian, activist and gender equality campaigner". The Independent. Archived from the original on September 15, 2017. Retrieved September 15, 2017.
- Watkins, Janelle (February 29, 2016). "Meghan Markle 'Suits' Up for Success". Eabony. Archived from the original on April 21, 2016. Retrieved June 29, 2016.
- "Inside Meghan Markle's Moving Charity Visit to India". Us Weekly. 2017-01-24. Archived from the original on 2017-08-27. Retrieved 2017-12-01.
- Singh, Harmeet (August 7, 2015). "UN Women turn on the light". Strategy Online. Brunico Communications Ltd. Archived from the original on August 17, 2015. Retrieved November 28, 2016.
- "Justin Trudeau welcomes Emma Watson, Bob Geldoff, and other star activists to Parliament Hill". Ottawa.ctvnews.ca. Archived from the original on May 9, 2017. Retrieved May 23,2017.
- Chris Eades (5 December 2017). "Meghan Markle Started Her Acting Career on General Hospital". Soaps in Depth. New York: ABC.
...at the very beginning of her showbiz career, Markle made an appearance as a nurse named Jill in the episode of GH that aired on Nov. 14, 2002.
- Charlie Lankston (28 November 2017). "From cases to castles! Meghan Markle starred as a scantily-clad 'suitcase girl' on Deal or No Deal - ten years before getting engaged to Prince Harry". London: Daily Mail.
- Cara McGooran (30 November 2017). "Meghan Markle was a Deal or No Deal suitcase model - so what happened to the rest of them?". London: Telegraph Media Group Limited .
- "After 7 Amazing Seasons, Meghan Markle Will Depart Suits With The Finale Of Season 7 In 2018". USA Network. Retrieved November 27, 2017.